October is National Co-op Month
The Kansas Cooperative Council will once again be participating in Co-op Month. The theme for the 2023 National Cooperative Month in October is "Owning Our Identity". The Council will be engaging in several activities throughout the month to thank our members and help raise the profile of cooperatives in Kansas. We hope that you and your cooperative will do the same!
Co-op Month Photo Contest
As part of our Co-op Month celebration, The Council is hosting a Co-op Month Photo Contest. We invite you to share your cooperative story and celebrate agriculture through pictures. This contest is open to anyone and everyone and photographers of all ages and experience levels.
- Contest is open to ALL ages.
- Photographers may submit up to 5 total photos.
- By submitting photos, the photographer permits the KCC to use photos in future promotional materials, including to but not limited to print, website, and social media.
- All submissions must be received by October 20, 2023.
- Winners will be selected by voting on our Facebook page from October 23-27, 2023.
- There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners and will be announced on October 30th.
Co-op Month Lunches
Who doesn't love a free meal. We have randomly drawn a Co-op from each of our districts to receive a catered lunch for all employees and board members. Congratulations to each of our winners!
- Leavenworth County Co-op, Lansing
- Midway Co-op, Osborne
- Farmers Cooperative Grain Association, Conway Springs
- Pawnee County Co-op Association, Larned
Co-op Month T-Shirts
Congratulations to each of these cooperatives who will be receiving our most popular swag for all employees in October!
- United Ag Service, Gorham
- Northwest Cotton Growers Co-op, Moscow
- Randall Farmers Co-op Union, Randall
- Farmers Co-op Grain Co., Abbyville
We hope you are also thinking of ways to promote your cooperative during Co-op Month. Some ways to involve your community in this celebration are: schedule a visit to your local school; serve a customer appreciation lunch; organize a charity walk-a-thon; distribute Co-op theme items to your members. We would enjoy hearing about what your cooperative has planned in your community!
You can also check out the National Co-op Month website for more ideas and logos!